What Information We Collect
The types of information that we collect fall under two (2) general categories: (1) individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information; and (2) non-individual-identifiable and/or non-business-entity-identifiable information.
Individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify a specific individual or a specific business entity, whereas non-individual- identifiable and/or non-business-entity-identifiable information consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal the identity of a specific individual and/or business entity.
The following sections describe how the two (2) above-cited categories of information are collected by YYZTech Group Media Ltd. and how we use such information.
How We Collect and Use Information
- Log Files. Any time you visit a YYZTech Group Media Ltd. website, our servers automatically gather information from your browser—such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks—to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information. For example, we may log your IP address for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user’s session. This gives us an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not share these log files externally.
- Web Beacons. ‘Web beacons’—also known as ‘clear gifs’ and ‘pixel tags’—are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our website for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers. We do not link the web beacons to any individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information.
- Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your personal or business-entity name, address, phone number, email address, and credit-card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit-card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your personal or business-entity information for that purpose.
- Email and Telephone Calls. We require an email address from you when you register for our Services. We use your email for both transactional (e.g. order confirmation, refund and renewal processing, and notification of changes to our Membership Service) and promotional (e.g. newsletters, new service/product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional emails from us, please see the section below labeled ‘Choice/Opt-Out’. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the YYZTech Group Media Ltd. Services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including any wireless number you may provide to us) solely in connection with YYZTech Group Media Ltd.’s Services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may change or delete your number from your ‘Account Settings’ page, or ask to be removed from our contact list if you receive a call or text message from us. We fully comply with the requirements of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act.
- Demographic Data. Demographic data is also collected via our website. We use this data to tailor our Members’ experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their established preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-individual-identifiable and/or non-business-entity-identifiable basis.
- On-line Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary Member surveys. We encourage our individual and business-entity Members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of YYZTech Group Media Ltd.’s Services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our Members, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information, and all responses are anonymous.
- Information Regarding Your Colleagues and Business Partners. We encourage you to refer a colleague and/or business partner to our Membership Service and/or Advertising Service by sending us their individual or company name and email address. We will keep this information in our database, and send that person or business partner a one-time email containing your name/the company name that invites them to visit our site. This email will also include instructions on how to remove their information from our database, if they so chose. You agree that you will not abuse this feature by entering names and addresses of those who would not be interested in YYZTech Group Media’s Services. For some of our Services, you may also give gift memberships and other amenities to your colleagues and/or business partners, in which case we will use your colleagues’ and/or business partners’ email address, that you provide, in order to deliver the gift and/or other amenities.
- Public Forums. We make discussion forums available to our users and visitors. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information. Please consult the [YYZTech Group Media Ltd. Guidelines] for each YYZTech Group Media Ltd. discussion forum when posting comments on them for other specific information.
- Use for Research. In addition to the uses outlined above, by using our site, you agree to allow YYZTech Group Media Ltd. to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to help YYZTech Group Media Ltd. improve the Services and user satisfaction therewith. However, all of your responses will be kept anonymous, and no individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information will be published.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
- Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that YYZTech Group Media Ltd. may disclose information you provide, if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if YYZTech Group Media Ltd., in its sole discretion, believes that disclosure is reasonable to: (1) comply with the law, requests, or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend YYZTech Group Media Ltd.’s, or a third party’s rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any individual/person or business entity is threatened.
- Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties By Us. We may share your non-individual-identifiable and/or non-business-entity-identifiable information with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your individual or company identity. We may share your individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information, sometimes in conjunction with your non-individual-identifiable and/or non-business-entity-identifiable information, with service providers that may be associated with us to perform functions on our behalf. For example, outsourced customer-care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize. In addition, from time to time, we may share individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information (such as your email or mailing address) about our membership base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that we believe may be of interest to our Members. If you do not wish to receive offers from our trusted partners, you can change your email preferences at any time by following the steps outlined in the ‘Choice/Opt-Out’ section below.
- Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that we are acquired by another company, your individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your individual-identifiable and/or business-entity-identifiable information is collected or used.
Our age restrictions are set forth in the YYZTech Group Media Ltd. Terms of Service. We do not target our website or Services to children under the age of 13, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information we may receive from users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database(s).
We have extensive security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information stored in our database(s). These measures include the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) technology during credit-card transactions and administrative access to site data, as well as other proprietary security measures which are applied to all repositories and transfers of user information.
We will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our website, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet and hence accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
Links to Other Sites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to our website or of any third-party advertizers.
You may use one of the following options for removing your information from our email database if you wish to ‘Opt-Out’ of receiving promotional emails and newsletters:
- Click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of the email you have received;
- Send mail to the following postal address letting us know which promotional emails you wish to Opt-Out of:
YYZTech Group Media Ltd. 210 St. Patrick St. Toronto, Ontario M5T 2H8, Canada
- For the YYZTech Group Media Ltd.’s Membership Service and Advertising Service, send an email request to our Help Desk and one of our Customer-Care agents will be happy to assist you; or
- For any services that allow you to control which emails you receive, go to the ‘Email Settings’ page from your ‘Account’ page, and un-check the undesired promotions.
Updating Your Information
YYZTech Group Media Ltd. provides users the following options for changing and modifying information previously submitted:
- For the YYZTech Group Media Ltd.’s Membership Service and Advertising Service, send an email request to our Help Desk and our Customer-Care agents will be happy to assist you; or
- For any services where you have an ‘Account’ page, you may go online to change your credit-card (if applicable), email address, password, and other information from the ‘Account Setting’ or ‘Account Preferences’ page; or
- You can send mail to the postal address listed below, providing us with your account information and letting us know which information you wish to update.
YYZTech Group Media Ltd. 210 St. Patrick St. Toronto, Ontario M5T 2H8, Canada
- Contacting the Website
Site Administrator YYZTech Group Media Ltd. 210 St. Patrick St. Toronto, Ontario M5T 2H8, Canada
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
Your use of our website(s), including any dispute concerning privacy, is subject to this privacy statement and the applicable YYZTech Group Media Ltd. Terms of Service.
Copyright © 2014 YYZTech Group Media Ltd. All Rights, in all mediums, Reserved by YYZTech Group Media Ltd.