The Bloor Cinema (today the Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema) is a Toronto cinema landmark that played a part in many film festivals over the years from the HotDocs film festival, the Toronto International Film Festival, After Dark Film Festival and many more.
Situated at 506 Bloor St. West, just east of Bathurst, in 1913 the first theatre, Madison Picture Palace was there until being demolished in 1940 and rebuilt as the Midtown Theatre.
The Midtown was renamed the Capri in 1967. In 1973, it became the Eden, an adult movie house. Then in 1979, it became the Bloor Theatre running first-run movies for a year before switching to independent/art-house films.
After being bought by the Blue Ice Group in 2011, it underwent a significant renovation. Following this, it became the permanent home of the Hot Docs Film Festival as Bloor Hot Docs Cinema in 2012. In 2016 it became the permanent home of the Hot Docs Film Festival as the Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema.
In the early 2000s it payed itself in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.